I hope J arrives safely and Mom is doing a’ight, in the relative sense.
We recorded a “get well soon?” video …. bit of a misnomer … we forced Sonya to say and sing cute stuff.
Hey, all. My mom has been hospitalized for the past couple weeks (first receiving chemo and now in a very vulnerable post-chemo state, waiting for her white blood count to recover). It’s a very scary time for our family.
Doctors throw drugs at the problem. I throw music, not expecting it to do anything, just feeling powerless to do anything else.
If you care to listen, this is a hybrid of one of my songs (about the love and commitment involved in a marriage … this is for my Dad) and a Jimmy Cliff song (about enduring struggle … this is for my Mom).
This recording is nowhere near “done” by my standards, but it’s all I have time for and want it out in the aether as soon as possible.
— with Chris Tyrrell and 3 others.
AUGUST 4TH, 2014
From: Patrick Tyrrell
Sent: Monday, August 4, 2014 1:27 PM
Subject: Very bad, serious news
Although her numbers have been steadily improving, her breathing has been very shallow the last 24 hrs.
They moved her to an ICU unit this morning with pneumonia. They are now very close to putting her on a ventilator and DNR decisions are being discussed.
Things are not totally without hope, but they are as dire as they could possibly be shy of that mark. Please join me in praying one final round for our beloved.
Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. It means everything to my Mom and family. And it has been raising her spirits. The last hour or so she has shown some signs of improvement and we are all remaining optimistic that that will continue.
Patrick Tyrrell <email@example.com>
Aug 4, 2014 at 1:05 PM
What do you think I should do? I was just about to book the 3pm flight and Dad said it was unnecessary. Is there any downside to me coming asap? I’m only resisting doing so because NOT coming allows me to stay in denial and in a state of stubborn optimism … but it seems like even if her situation improved, I would still be grateful to be there and I don’t know if the opportunity cost of missing out on my regularly scheduled Aug 12-15th trip is enough to risk what would otherwise be worst case scenario if I wait and get there too late.
Chris Tyrrell <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Aug 4, 2014 at 1:09 PM
I think you might actually feel better either way if you’re here now.
Mark Christopher White <email@example.com>
Aug 4, 2014 at 1:14 PM
I will be flying in tomorrow. Should arrive around 10:30am.
Thank you all for the support.
Please keep those prayers and good thoughts coming. We’re feeling hopeful tonight.
Renee White <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Aug 5, 2014 at 6:20 AM
I have ongoing conversations with God asking him to give Claudia strength and for the doctors to know just the right treatment to get Claudia through this. Many times a day I pray for Claudia, Bob and the boys and their families. You are all amazing. Bob White will be visiting soon and I’m hoping to at some point as well.
Sent from my I phone
Deacon John Liu <DeaconJohn@StRose.com>
Aug 5, 2014 at 7:02 AM
Dear Bob, Chris and All,
Claudia are in our prayer for God’s healing power, health, hope, strength, comfort, peace, faith, unity and love.
Yes…she is one tough cookie… I guess that’s why my mom loves her so much, and why i see her as a second mom.
Much love to all of you as you ride this rollercoaster. Know that we love you and understand and hope that she continues to use this amazing strength to come home soon… Much love, Maura, Steve and the boys